MN Traders Co. is a coffee-to-cocktail eatery. We offer a highly esteemed coffee bar, serve craft cocktails, wine and beer and have a full breakfast, lunch and happy hour menu. Integrated space to work or enjoy and a small home goods boutique bringing you MN-made, unique retail offerings.
This team is passionate about quality products with a one-of-a-kind twist, we boast the best coffee, cocktails and shareable fare in the area - perfect for any occasion.
The MN Traders team is a small, creative and collaborative group, seeking fun and motivated staff to help us bring a fresh experience and new offerings to the Pequot Lakes area.
Staff must have a passion for craft coffee/quality, as well as great customer service skills. Barista responsibilities include preparing and serving beverages, steaming milk, operating coffee machines, educating customers on our offerings, making recommendations based on their preferences, and up-selling specialty items. Knowledge of how the brewing equipment operates is essential, proper training will be provided by our staff and vendor experts. Hard-working barista with experience in bar and restaurant settings serving 100+ customers a day.
*Note: this position’s compensation includes hourly wages and tips
- Warmly and friendly greet customers as they enter
- Be able to answer customer questions regarding ingredients in food & drink.
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy/sugar ratios, food offerings and ingredients)
- Prepare beverages following recipes, consistency with milk steaming, measurements, temperatures, flavors, and portions is very important to us (coffee, craft cocktails, wine, beer and na beverages)
- This is not a serving or bartending position (pick up/counter service, no table-side service)
- Receive and process payments
- Keep the bar area clean/along with opening and closing task/duties
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Communicate customer feedback to managers
- Previous work experience as a Barista or Bartender or Waiter/Waitress
- Customer Service skills
- Multitasking, delivering great hospitality
-Team worker and a quick learner
- Passionate about craft coffee/quality
- Hands-on experience with brewing equipment
- Knowledge of food and beverage industry
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Basic math skills and POS skills
- Ability to gauge customers’ preferences and provide excellent customer service doing so
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma; relevant training is a plus
- An optimistic, hard-working and fun personality - we would love if you helped us bring quality and unique offerings to the Brainerd Lakes Area