Golf Group Sales Assistant
Looking for a fun, energetic, and organized person to join our golf group sales team. This person will assist the manager with all golf groups of eight or more players from first sales call to rebook. We will expect this person to carry out the golf department mission statement of Exceptional Service, Enjoyable Atmosphere, and Memorable Golf as well as following our Grand View Lodge resort wide goal of Creating a Lifetime of Memories for all of our resort guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Provides sales and administrative support to Group Golf Sales Manager.
* Handles group inquiries and negotiates rates for all groups based on size, date and accommodations, within established parameters set by the Group Golf Sales Manager.
* Creates and maintains files for all Groups.
* Assisting Group Golf Sales Manager with initial greeting of all golf package guests.
* Prepares weekly Sales Log / Report of new business and contacts.
* Work well with all other resort department including F&B, Grounds, Conference Services & Reservations.
* Enters account, contact and other pertinent information into sales/property management and reservation systems for tracking, marketing, and data processing purposes as well as for the organization of the event.
* Assists in preparation of group & event contracts, group & event payment, guest mailings, and rebooks.
* Attends golf sales & golf marketing meetings for communications, future planning, budgeting, etc.
* Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
* Responds to Golf only RFPs and other requests for activities when available.
* Follow up and analyze group feedback at the conclusion of stay.
* Others reasonable duties as needed to support Group Golf Sales and activities throughout the resort.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
* Strong written, verbal and social skills
* Knowledge of the local area
* Knowledge of resort activities
* Computer skills Word, Excel, Outlook
* Hotel / Resort Sales experience preferred
* In-office and out-of-office job responsibilities
* Some required travel to Preserve Golf Course
* Some weekends, Holidays and evenings will be required
* Seasonal position: January 15th to October 15th (9-month position)