Retail and Workshops
Purple Fern Bath Company in downtown Brainerd is looking for an upbeat, personable, detail-oriented self-starter to help us expand our classroom offerings.
• Provide exemplary customer service that demonstrates our values and creates a welcoming environment that is inclusive of people from all backgrounds and experiences.
• Develop and implement fun, creative classes related to bath and body goods. Includes topics such as handmade soap, candles, bath bombs, lotions, scrubs, and more. Most classes are held in-person and in-store. Some classes may require using Facebook live or video.
• Host & teach private events such as kids/adults birthday parties, bachelorette parties, baby showers, team building, family gatherings.
• Write descriptions and instructions for each class and project, organize supply list and calculate cost of projects.
• Take customers through the candle bar experience, assisting with fragrance blending and instruction.
• Develop and assemble DIY kits for retail and online purchase.
• Maintain an organized and clean classroom area.
• Set-up and be organized before each class. Clean classroom area & used supplies after each class. Perform light janitorial duties during and after shift, which may consist of sweeping, mopping, dusting, scrubbing, and organizing various work areas.
• Working with manager, maintain monthly class schedule.
• Keep current with industry trends.
• Cross-train to be able to work retail side of store, use POS system.
• Regular and timely attendance to complete job duties.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Be confident, outgoing, and comfortable with leading workshops of up to 20 people onsite, as well as potential online livestream participants.
• Upbeat, professional, full of passion with a positive attitude.
• Stay current with industry trends to deliver creative and innovative workshops.
• Organized and detailed oriented.
• Ability to effectively work with a diverse customer base.
• Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• High school diploma or GED and must be at least 18 years of age.
• Previous experience making bath and body products is preferred.
This position requires the ability to bend, reach and stand for long periods; to lift, move and stock items up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
This position works in a growing retail store with classroom and educational workshops. This individual must thrive in a busy class setting with frequent interruptions, have the ability to prioritize and problem solve, switching tasks as needed.