Golf Assistant Superintendent
Under the supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, and cart paths. The Assistant may serve in the Superintendent capacity in his/her absence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assist in the planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees, and fairways
* Schedule work and supervise employees and the use of equipment
* Instruct equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment
* Supervise and participate in pesticide and fertilizer applications and calibration of equipment
* Supervise and participate in the maintenance and installation of irrigation and drainage systems, including pumps and pump stations
* Assist in the daily setup and operation of computerized irrigation control system
* Supervise and participate in the planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs, and trees
* This position requires the ability to sit, stand, and walk, 4 to 8 hours at a time, climb stairs, reach, and bend.
* The position requires that the manager be able to read basic pesticide and fertilizer labels and write in complete sentences in submitting reports and assessments.
* The position requires the ability to schedule and supervise employees.
* This position requires basic computer knowledge for irrigation operation, scheduling, and basic payroll tasks, which would require good manual dexterity.
* The position may also require the ability to lift over 50 pounds occasionally.
Education & Experience:
* This position requires a minimum 2 year degree in Turf grass Management or related field of study.
* Proficiency in irrigation repair, fertilization and pesticide applications
* A minimum of 2 years of experience as an Intern or Second Assistant Superintendent with a working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course greens, tees, and fairways is also required.
* This position requires the occasional use of company vehicles. A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record for one year or more is required to meet insurance requirements.
* Ability to lift/carry up to fifty (50) pounds
* This position also requires a current Minnesota Pesticide Applicator’s License or the ability to obtain.