2021 Summer Events and Tourism Intern
The Summer Events and Tourism Intern will help plan and execute major community events and be a smiling face in the Crosslake and Pequot Lakes Welcome Centers. Outgoing, independent thinker, curious, adaptable, efficient and a good team player should be words to describe you!
- Social Media – Ability to post interesting and relevant posts to Facebook and Instagram daily
- Guest Services – face to face interactions, answer phones, provide guidance for visitors inquiries for activities, lodging, restaurants, parks and trails.
- Ability to assist with all planning and execution efforts for Pequot Lakes Stars & Stripes and Bean Hole Day events in July.
- Attend Brainerd Lakes Chamber Staff meetings and event committee planning meetings
- Attend MN Chamber of Commerce Executives Summer Refresh Conference May 27, 2021 and Intern Orientation (date TBD)
- May 17 to August 13, 2021 (13 weeks of work) start date negotiable
- $12 per hour/20 hours per week(additional hours may be expected during busy events)
- Must be available to work Pequot Lakes events July 1-5 and July 12-16, 2021
- Knowledge of the Crosslake and Pequot Lakes communities
- Strong Organizational skills
- Basic Computer skills and email correspondence
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and carry up a flight of stairs
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Facebook and Instagram and willingness to learn new computer programs
- Ability to work independently, communicate professionally and multitask when necessary