The Brainerd Dispatch has been publishing in the beautiful lakes area in north central Minnesota since 1881. The Dispatch promotes great culture and award-winning products, tying for second-place overall among daily newspapers in 2018 Minnesota Newspaper Association Better Newspaper Contest.
Enjoy working in a growing community with plenty of year-round recreational activities. The Mississippi River and hundreds of lakes make up the Brainerd lakes area. A progressive school district is part of a growing business economy from downtown Brainerd/Baxter to the dozens of area communities. Live in the lakes area and discover why millions of guests travel here to vacation every year.
We have openings for Mailroom Support on our production team. There are full-time positions available, working 32 hours per week. Shifts are Monday - Friday between 2:00pm - 11:00pm. This position will promote a teamwork environment by assisting in the assembly and preparation of newspapers for distribution.
• Repair bundles of printed matter and place/stack on pallets.
• Operate electric floor jack to move skids of printed material.
• Operate plastic strapping machine.
• Assist in staging mailroom equipment before production runs.
• Load various feed stations on the inserting machine. Occasionally insert by hand.
• Stack down/palletize products as they are coming off inserting machines.
• Prepare minimum bundle sizes and bag mail.
• Count and top bundles on conveyor lines.
• Responsible for general maintenance and housekeeping of work area.
• Abide by all OSHA regulations and other established company safety policies.
• No prior experience or training.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Mechanical skills and computer knowledge preferred.
• Occasionally required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
About the Organization
At Forum Communications Company, our legacy is deeply rooted in harnessing the power of communication to connect and inform people in the communities we serve. Since 1917, everything we do is driven by creating and sharing information, ideas and insights.
Today, we're a leading media and technology company that's home to a family of people whose passion and purpose is fueled by collaboration and innovation We believe in supporting each other, working hard towards common goals and having fun.
Come for the perks:
Excellent employee culture, competitive pay, 401(k), company-paid volunteer time, health and wellness initiatives for all employees. Additional perks for full-time positions include comprehensive benefits package, generous paid time off, paid holidays and paid time off for birthday, paid parental and pregnancy disability leave for qualifying employees.
Stay for the people:
Family-owned and operated since 1917, development and growth opportunities, inclusive, creative culture, safe working environment, employees of all ages and backgrounds, positive collaboration.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.