Cook- ** Sign on Bonus $1,000**
Prepare food in accordance with prescribed resident/tenant diet specifications, facility procedures, and dietary and sanitary regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and serve food and meals in accordance with planned menus, diet plans, recipes, portions, and temperature control procedures.
- Direct and assist in cleaning and sanitizing work areas, equipment and floors, dishes and utensils.
- Check all trays for menu and diet requirements and preference and accuracy.
- Ensure proper storage for food and supplies.
- Assist the Director of Culinary Services, Dietary Manager, or Dietitian to direct the activities of the dietary employees.
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Review and process diet changes and ensure menus are maintained and followed in accordance with established procedures.
- Coordinate dietary services with other departments.
- Ensure that food and supplies are available for the next meals.
- Assist with inventory and storing incoming foods and supplies.
- Report any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents and incidents.
- Adhere to universal precautions and sanitary, safety, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Must be adaptable, flexible to changes, and able to prioritize and organize work efficiently to accomplish workload within time allotted.
- Maintains positive relationships with key stakeholders such as tenants, their families, staff, and the community.
- Maintain a positive attitude in relation to customer service program.
- Abides by the facility’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Participates in and supports Quality efforts throughout the facility.
- Attends meetings and mandatory in-services.
- Must be able to maintain regular attendance.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge and adherence to safety/disaster preparedness plan.
- All other duties as needed.
Code of Conduct
Must adhere to Company’s Code of Conduct policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience in a care facility is preferred.
- Must be able to relate professionally, positively, and cooperatively with residents, resident’s families and employees.
- Must have basic knowledge of computer systems.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Clear understanding that all injuries/accidents must be reported to a supervisor immediately.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation, and reference inquiry.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
To apply email Jordan.email@example.com with resume and position